FAQ – Duoc UC

International Affairs

Frequently Asked Questions

As an exchange student you can apply to any of our programs and campuses.

If your institution has an exchange agreement with Duoc UC you do not have to pay tuition fee at Duoc UC and just keep paying the same fee as you do at your home institution. If your home institution does not have an agreement, you can still come to Duoc UC on our Study Abroad Program, for more information please contact us at internacional@duoc.cl

Please check out living expenses at the international students section.

Not necessarily, since we offer you a free of charge 44 hours Spanish course throughout the semester if you apply to any of our campuses in Santiago. Nevertheless bear in mind your courses will be in Spanish (except for the tourism and hospitality program which is taught in Santiago and Valparaíso).

Please check out our housing options at the international students section.

Yes, you must purchase a medical insurance before coming to study at Duoc UC.

We recommend you to check your home institution for scholarships or financial aid available for studying abroad programs. Furthermore, the Chilean Agency for International Cooperation offers some scholarships available for foreign students who wish to study in Chile.

We have a fully taught in English program in Tourism and Hospitality. For further information please refer to the following link.

The student visa does not allow working in the country, unless you request a special permission, which will be evaluated by the Chilean Consulate in your country. This is the office where you request your student visa.